Monday, December 28, 2009

Mykah Turns 4!!!!




We were invited to celebrate Christmas with another family who lives locally. He is a GREAT cook and it was nice to have a delicious dinner and let the kids from the same orphanage be together in their new setting. She works for the Peace Corps and he works for the American Embassy. They are adopting a darling 2 year old girl and it was good to just relax together and take a break from all the stress of the adoption.



I asked if it would be okay if we had a cake for Mykah's birthday and they graciously agreed to do so. So here she is in all her splendor!! I brought a Cabbage Patch kid with me from home and she LOVED having her own baby doll. She wanted it tied to her back in typical African fashion and let's just say, I would never trust a real child to my skills :) It was a simple party! Cake and balloons. But she was in Heaven!!!!



Tomorrow we are hosting a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party at the orphanage. Melanie's mom and some friends pitched in and she was able to buy an outfit for each of the children. I think it will be a lot of fun. I guess it will be a good way to start off week 6! I can't believe I have been gone this long and I can't wait to hug all my little ones.


No comments: